Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New Purchase Help (10,000 lb. Machine)

dbransco ยท 2023-01-09 13:23

Hello, new to the forum and looking to start a demo. and hauling business. I am planning to start with a 10,000 lb. machine and a skidsteer. I am looking at a crossover unit to maintain some agility/compactness for tighter spaces; however, have the lifting and digging cabilibilties to place large concrete objects, rocks, etc. and handle hammer attachments and such. I am currently looking at a Cat 304e2 CR, a Bobcat E42, and a Kubota KX040. These three all have great track records. I like the power they provide, I like the Cat's joystick travel option, I like the speed at which the Bobcats dig (other reviews) and the Kubotas seem like a good all around unit. Any suggestions from those more experienced (whether on my list or not)? Additionally, I am on the Oregon coast if anyone has any dealer recommendations or leads on any deals (can/may pick up multiple units if a deal can be made). Thanks!

Replies1
  1. #1skyking12023-01-09 13:35

    you mentioned it yourself. Let the local dealer support help you with that decision. Get reviews on that too. I am in far off Washington and of no help for that.