Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New ride

cuttin edge ยท 2024-01-06 20:02

I noticed a new truck in the yard Friday. Another M2 Freight shaker. They seem to love them, that's number 6 since 2016. Another automatic. It's going to my crew I guess. They offered it to my float man as it's his turn for a new one. Instead of the 350 Cummins, it has the DD8 detroit. Anyone ever around the DD8. It's supposed to be 350hp as well, just wondering how it stacks up to the Cummins

Replies7
  1. #1CM19952024-01-06 21:22

    Pics?

  2. #2cuttin edge2024-01-06 21:38

    Some day. I still owe you pics of the roll off deck. I better hurry as I hear they are going to pull the frame and deck off, shorten the frame and put a regular dump box on her. It's getting to the point where I'm going to have to get a smart phone. We have started a project for Bird Construction. In order to complete the site orientation, you need to scan a QR code with your phone. They have also started switching over to an on line payroll system. The girl in the office couldn't figure out why I don't have a smart phone.

  3. #3cuttin edge2024-01-06 22:04

    Here is some stuff from google earth. This is the plant yard. The lower section is a shale pit, slash dump site. The grey area in the middle of the brown is mud from the sand wash plant, and dust from the plan bag house. . Salt shed, brown roof, salt sand pile to the left of it. Water and sewer pipe storage, topsoil larger rock like an r 500. There is a junked Newholland 450, a road tec shuttle buggy parts machine, a huge pile of bricks from a government building. The shop. Our antique asphalt plant. The washplant and the settling ponds, stock piles

  4. #4cuttin edge2024-01-06 22:20

    They must be mixing asphalt cause there is a truck under the plant, and another one waiting, and I can see the loader at the washed sand pile at the top. I could see the roll off in the other picture, but the street view is from 2013. I think that might be me standing on the Pay Star. The Alitec maintainer grader and the Shuttle buggy. That 350 JD by the garage was a real nice machine when it was new. My father's 96 Ford in the back. This would be right across the road. That's why I'm thinkin it's me on the Pay Star. Must be a Saturday, Not many cars in the yard.

  5. #5cuttin edge2024-01-06 22:39

    The entry way to the quarry. 2009 Looks a lot different today than it did then 2016, a little newer. The scales, and the junked 450 NewHolland that is now at the shop. Nothing going on. April. It has expanded a lot since this picture. They are actually still crushing. They put off a 60,000 tonne blast in November and are trying to finish it off. I was back on Thursday and Friday, and if the weather holds, they should finish in 2 weeks.

  6. #6cuttin edge2024-01-07 09:27

    Cluster of quarrys. Our's is the farthest to the left. The largest was opened by ** Esson and sons in the 80s. They paid to move the road and High tension power lines. The quarry is now run by Spring Hill construction, formerly Diamond Construction. The section across the road was for washing sand. Next to them is Northern Construction, and then the farthest to the right is Dexter Construction. Ours is the only local company, the others crush for projects they do in the area. Dexters is actually out of province. All propertys are leased from the government. These are clusters of gravel pits. The largest area was opened in the 30s, and provided pretty much all the gravel for the area for many years. It's pretty much picked clean. We screened the last of our winter sand in that area 2 years ago. To the right, closer to the river, is a pit shaped like an axe, we still get out asphalt blending sand. This area is the current gravel supply. It is across the river from the spent area. Sometimes when I mention grading the pit road, it's this one. To the left is the government pit, the old government pit is to the bottom, and starting to grow back in, much like the old site across the river. Our area is to the right, and you can see where it has been cut for expansion. Zooming out, there is another pit to the left of that lake. It was also used for many years, but the gravel is really sandy and hard to compact. There are still stockpiles left there, although they use it as a source for pea stone.

  7. #7cuttin edge2024-01-07 09:45

    Here is atlantic Canada, right next to Maine is my province New Brunswick, also Nova Scotia to the south, PEI, and Newfoundland All roads lead home to Miramichi. Part of PEI to the right City of Miramichi. Former Towns of Chatham and Newcastle, and surrounding areas were merged to for the city. Local airport, former Canadian Forces base Chatham. The pictures of the asphalt plant are there close to where it says crossroads And here is my little home. I still had my Mustang. So about the DD8 Detroit..... any issues