Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

new skid owner

old skool iron ยท 2009-06-15 02:07

I bought a 94 new holland. l 785 problem is the curl only works well when the bucket is being lifted up. I cleaned the main screen no help, the curl is good as long as the bucket is going up or down. I would like to fix the problem my self. any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you a million.

Replies10
  1. #1Dutchofsc2014-09-05 23:06

    Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I'm having the same problem with my nh l785. Did you get yours fixed? Does anyone here have any input?

  2. #2old skool iron2014-09-06 00:35

    old thread :bash- Yes I fixed the problem . It is the loader control valve , located on the floor under your left foot. Very easy to replace. I bought a used one for $ 425.00.New was like $ 1200.00 .I got it from a place that sells used loader parts in Texas . When I get back to the shop I will try to find the number , and get it to you .There is a hair line crack inside the valve which causes the problem we share ( Shared ).

  3. #3Dutchofsc2014-09-06 00:47

    Not what I wanted to hear, but good to know. That valve new is just over 2k. Ouch. I was hoping it was something simple. I have removed the valve before, cleaned it out, put back together but the problem persisted. Where is the crack? Can it be seen? Thanks for the quick reply.

  4. #4old skool iron2014-09-06 16:08

    The crack is on the inside between the two valve halves causing a bleed through . My used valve is still doing well . Try Conroe Truck & Tractor 1-800-859-7209

  5. #5Dutchofsc2014-09-06 20:03

    Thanks a bunch. I'll give them a call next week. I was hoping to be able to fix the valve, but after looking at it some more, I don't see a way how. Do you still have your 785? Any thing I should be looking for?

  6. #6Dutchofsc2014-09-07 18:27

    Here's another one for ya. After a while of driving around just fine, the controls get heavy, the pumps start to make a lot of noise, chetter sounds, and the machine will not drive. I immediately shut it down of course. After it sits for a little while, I will start it up again and it works fine, sometimes for for a few minutes, sometimes for a half hour. Could it be a partial cavitation? Maybe the 100 psi return regulator? Wrong fluid? The fluid and filters are new.

  7. #7Dutchofsc2014-09-12 10:13

    Another clue, the drive issue only happens when the machine is hot, and the charge light comes on, faintly.

  8. #8Dutchofsc2014-09-13 21:01

    I replaced the control valve today. Nothing changed, the same exact problem persists. I'm lost, any advice? Anyone?

  9. #9Desertwheeler2014-09-14 00:11

    Bad cylinders maybe??

  10. #10Dutchofsc2014-09-15 23:00

    Update, I have replaced the valve and rebuild the cylinders, the problem persists. The same exact symptoms, to the tee. I decided to throw in the towel and just use the machine as is. The only issue was that I had a small leak from the fitting leading to the auxilary's. I couldn't get it to quit leaking, I didn't have an o ring to replace the leaking one and I didn't need the auxilary hydraulics to work. I decided to remove the line and fitting all together, and replace the fitting with a plug that came on the new valve. PROBLEM SOLVED! The boom and bucket work as they should. I don't know how the auxilary connections had any way of making the bucket no curl, but that's what it took. Does anyone know why there is a quick connect from the valve to the auxilary? I would just use another hard line if I designed it.