Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

bobcat detection devices

cat320 ยท 2009-06-13 13:19

I have never heard about this is this something new for bobcat? a device that detects electronic wire underground and sets off an alarm?

Replies5
  1. #1Cretebaby2009-06-13 14:25

    Why? Are you thinking about getting in the cut throat gypsy asphalt business?

  2. #2AtlasRob2009-06-13 14:52

    There is one advertised this side of the pond, not sure that its actually Bobcats but they may have done a deal. It fits to the underside of the dipper arm and reckons to detect services in the path of excavation. I assume you know about hand held Cable Avoidace Tools ( Cats) On edit Is this what you have seen Ezidig http://www.cabledetection.co.uk/37

  3. #3cat3202009-06-13 19:25

    after what i have seen in my neighbor hood everyone on the band wagaon no second prices this guy comes in no money down don't pay if you don't like it . i guess it looks good for awhile untill you drive on it lol. but he started talking about some divice on his machine i know about hand held ones but never seen one on a bobcat.

  4. #4pwrstroke6john2009-06-14 21:40

    Im not sure if youre talking about one set in a machine, if you are I have never seen one, but pretty much all the utility companies around me use ditch witch hand held units.

  5. #5cat3202009-06-15 08:14

    I'm talking in about one in the machine a bobcat 185 i think is what i saw. I know about hand held devices but none installed in a machine especially a bobcat