I purchased a new to me skid steer. Here is photo: I am new to hi flow hydro's and this machine has it. My guys were running the standard flow attachments live a power rake and hydro hammer with the hi flow on. The couplers are standard flow couplers and were attached to the standard flow couplers on the machine with the in cab switch for hi flow turned on. The attachments ran crazy fast and were more productive. My concern is damaging the attachments. Will this practice do damage. The machine has 5 hydro connects. Two standard flow, two larger fittings that are hi flow and one smaller fitting that I have no idea what it is used for. Can any on explain? Also I am in need for a flat bed trailer that my F350 and F450 can tow with this machine on. Any concerns in moving this with pick up trucks instead of a dump truck? It weighs around 10,000 lbs. pretty heavy for a pick up truck.
You will damage your drive motor seals on the power rake and wreck your hammer if you run them on high flow. You may also overheat your machine running through the standard flow couplers (1/2").
The smaller is likely a case drain. Some attachments require them (mulchers/planers tend to for instance). As stated, nothing good will come from running regular flow attachments on the high flow side of a skid steer.
I haul all my stuff on a 14,000 lb. tilt bed being pulled by my F-350 dually with no problems. But all my equipment is 8,500 lbs. and under. You could probably do it with a 16,000 lb. gooseneck with your F-450. And congratulations!
I had a C175 and I loved the pilot controls. The big/small pairs of connectors are just that. the small one is a case drain. Some, but not all High flow attachments use it. I would check the machine and see what it flows in high versus what your attachments are designed for. Your increase in productivity might be offset by destroyed tools, or dramatically shortened lifespan. Great machine, I miss mine. I pull my JD 333D's around with a 2500HD Dodge Cummins on a 20 Foot gooseneck with 10k axles on it all the time. I have bags in the back of my Dodge though. My trailers are usually grossing real close to 20k. But I also live way the hell out in the country and never have to pull through traffic. I'm actually in the office trailer shopping right now, I need a four more feet.
Ditto on what others have said about running standard attachments on high-flow, not good. I pull my T250 behind my F350 single rear wheel on a 14K gooseneck and 14K pintle hitch all the time with no problems. A T250 weighs in a tat 10K +/-. You're not a novice to heavy pulling so just treat it as any other load behind the Mack.