Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

new style eaton slave cylinder rt 613

crane operator ยท 2017-12-21 17:44

I've got a small box rt 613 in one of my cranes, and the slave cylinder has been acting up. This is the little valve up on the side of the transmission, not the rear. This is what they gave me at the truck parts, says they don't have the old style any more. According to the paper work with it, I have to get a different plunger pin, and base for the plunger, that goes into the transmission also (neutral pin). They of course didn't have the pin, or tell me that I needed it to change to the new style, so I get to make another 45 minute trip each way to get that. Anyone change one of these, or know if the old ones are still available, just under a different part # ? The new one did not include any air diagram, and its got ports going every which direction on it. I actually am up running on a slave, that I stole off a old trans in my back room, so I'm not in a rush, I just need to figure it out. Thanks.

Replies2
  1. #1Truck Shop2017-12-21 19:10

    What you have there is the 4688 early and A5000 slave valves no big deal really just pick up the later style plunger pin. Those slave valves cover all models. Truck Shop

  2. #2crane operator2017-12-21 19:21

    Thanks truck shop, I'm assuming that I just plug up all the extra port locations on the center, where I only have the two air lines? I'll have to get the pin, I'm just a little peeved that no one said anything about the other pin, I'm guessing ignorance on their part.