Hi all. I just replaced my Takeuchi TB135 with a new TB240 Cab version. If anyone has one of these, I would be interested in talking with them. ALso, if you're interested in buying this model, let me know. So far, the unit seems to be a good improvement over the TB135 especially with the added engine power and increase weight.
I'm thinking about buying either a TB 240 or TB 260. I'm trying out a 260 for a few days now. Love the machine if I can just figure out how to pay for it I'll order one. Richard
Richard, That should be a great machine! Plenty of power, reach, and everything else. I would have gone to something in between if it was available just for the extra reach. But the TB240 difference in extra Horse Power, weight, and slightly on longer reach over the TB135 is quite significant. Although I have a 12" digging bucket, a 24" digging bucket, and a 36" cleanout bucket, I just ordered four more attachments for it. I have coming a 36" digging bucket, 48" light grade bucket, ripper tooth, and Rake. Do you really need a 12,000lb machine?
I don't really need it but it sure is fun to play with, I've been going around hunting for stumps to dig up. I'm a little concerned about towing it with a F 250 super duty but I probably won't tow it but a couple times a year. Does the air conditioner work good in yours? I'm trying to decide if the cab is worth the extra money.
The TB135 I had was just the canopy which was great. I was going to get the TB240 without the cab, but they ended up giving me a good deal on it, and I love the way it looks. It has been hot here in Seattle and I did use the air conditioning which works great. Radio sucks. For the most part the cab has been great. The working conditions that are not so good for the cab, which make me nervous, are breaking concrete nearby with a sledge hammer (Lifting a piece up and dropping it, or lifting up and knocking it with a sledge), and around tree branches etc (Mostly just scratching etc). It's also a concern on how dirty, muddy it will all get. The cab is best for wide open areas, sitting in the machine a long time. But my work is in an out all day. The F250 I think will have a hard time pulling a TB260, and you will need a larger than 14 gvw trailer. But the TB260 will pull out stumps a bit faster I'm sure.