Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

new takeuchi tl10v2 and updated radial lift tl12r2

skata ยท 2016-10-14 01:09

well the t10v2 is starting to hit dealers, and looks like the standard radial lift machines will get the updated cabs and tracks as well. there is a video of the tl12r2 on their facebook https://www.facebook.com/Takeuchi-198538865143/

Replies19
  1. #1jorrior2016-10-14 17:07

    tl12r2 I got to drive this machine recently, and it is so slick.

  2. #2clark132016-10-14 20:43

    The TL10V2 looks like a nice machine.

  3. #3dirthog282016-10-14 21:17

    Kind of disappointing that the TL10v2 only has 74hp compared to the TL10 that has 92hp. The TL8 has 74, I guess they did that to do away with emissions.

  4. #4clark132016-10-14 21:35

    This. I guess its nice to not have to add DEF.

  5. #5skata2016-10-14 23:35

    tell us more! have you used other takeuchis to compare? yes it does. supposedly there won't be a radial lift tl10 anymore. that would be a concern of mine with 20 less hp. perhaps these engines gained in torque?? but to be fair, most times i'm not a full throttle with my tl140, unless i need to move quickly. maybe it all works out.

  6. #6jorrior2016-10-20 14:55

    Tl12r2 I got to go to a sales event at Takeuchi to drive the new models. They have a big dirt field with things to pick up and mounds to move. The R2 took to it like a duck to water, anything i tried to do, it did. I tried out the traction by literally driving into a giant pile of dirt, and it didnt stop until the bucket was buried. I had a blast driving it. Im a big guy too, so large cab for me was a plus!

  7. #7clark132016-11-15 23:29

    So has anyone heard about an update on the TL 10 radial lift or is it discontinued for certain?

  8. #8skata2016-11-16 02:15

    dealer told me there is no new TL10 in the works. perhaps that could change in the future?

  9. #9MattNCSU022016-11-21 22:29

    I was able to operate a TL10V2 recently and I can say I was very impressed with the machine for having 74 hp. It didn't feel like it was under-powered. Both the TL12R2 and TL12V2 are absolute beasts! I felt like I was in a dozer with a bucket on the front!

  10. #10skata2016-11-27 02:28

    i saw a tl10v2 today side by side with a tl10. the tl10v2 looks great, however i couldnt get over how the track system looks smaller compared to the tl10. the track on the tl10v2 is narrower and with shorter ground contact. the track on the tl10v2 is actually closer in spec to the tl8. any thoughts as to why takeuchi did this? does less flotation equal more traction? is the smaller track necessary due to the less hp engine? tl10v2: 15.7" Track Width 55.9" Track Ground Contact Length 5.1psi Ground Pressure tl10: 17.7" Track Width 58.9" Track Ground Contact Length 4.5psi Ground Pressure

  11. #11MattNCSU022016-11-27 10:25

    From what I was told, the TL10 was the smallest percentage of sales of the three track models Takeuchi produces. They wanted to tap more into the vertical lift market, so the decision was made to make the TL10 a vertical lift machine that was a little closer in size to the TL8. Its all about what the market is trending. Plus the idea of a narrower track to compensate for the lower horsepower is probably right.

  12. #12skata2016-11-27 22:59

    i dont know if i buy that. just by looking at machinerytrader i see the midsize range of these machines with the most units available for sale. but then again you could argue people wanting to get rid of them!

  13. #13MattNCSU022016-11-28 06:44

    I got my info from a fairly reliable source......the folks at Takeuchi. I attended a training session at their facility in Georgia. They showed a graph of model sales and the TL8 and TL12 were well ahead of the TL10.

  14. #14ScottAR2016-11-29 18:21

    Makes sense... the TL8 is aimed at the rental market mostly. The TL12 is the likely choice for the pro doing big power work or mulching type jobs. The 10 is kinda in between.

  15. #15MattNCSU022016-11-29 18:33

    I think you've hit the nail on the head Scott

  16. #16skata2016-11-30 00:31

    the nice thing about the 10 is that you get great power and some compactness in size(weight), and you can still tow it behind a 3/4 or 1 ton truck with a standard ball hitch trailer. the TL12 requires a gooseneck or fifth wheel trailer at minimum, to be legal at least.

  17. #17ScottAR2016-11-30 20:12

    I'm not downing the machine make no mistake. I was just thinking why the sales for the 10 might be lower. I've had my eye out for a TL in the 230/240 series or the 8/10 size for awhile now.

  18. #18clark132016-12-11 21:42

    Is the cab on the TL10V2 the same width as the TL12V2/R2? I was looking at the width specs on the machine and the TL10V2 is almost 12 inches more narrow and so I was curious if the cab felt more cramped?

  19. #19skata2016-12-13 01:06

    while i never measured the cabs, i think they're fairly close in width. i think the main difference in machine widths comes down to the track widths(16" vs 18") and distance between tracks.