Hello, I purchased a 2006 sk135 with 3200 hours on it. Is there anything I need to check other than doing all the maintenance on the machine before I use it? Mechanically it's in good shape, although I don't have any maintenance records for it. I'm wanting to do all the fluids and filters. As far as I know, it has: Main oil filter bypass oil filter fuel filter hyd return filter hyd suction filter hyd pilot filter inner and outer air filters cabin air filter Are there any other inline fuel filters or fuel water seperators that I don't have up there? Any other helpful tips or whatever would be appreciated. Thanks
This is with the Isuzu 4bgt, Zexel fuel injection pump? If so, usually a banjo bolt screen at base of hand primer pump. Have found these clogged enough to starve fuel flow…..
Appreciate it! I’ll have to check on that.
Yes good call on the banjo fitting. Mine on my Link Belt wtih an Izuzu was on top of the engine near the pump, had to trace the fuel line from filters to injector pump to find it. For sure what to open that up and clean or replace it.
Our ‘new to us’ Hitachi EX-100-1 (coarse tailings duty on pad), made 13km of a winter walk over snowpack when it quit….1km short. Isuzu 4bgt (non turbo). Hard to say for sure but likely approaching 20,000h. Oil stays clean & fires at -10c no glow plugs. Good engines! I was pretty sure of the trouble & sure enough the banjo bolt screen was plugged solid.