Blew a hose on the thumb,, waited for a few days to replace it. Got to it on a rainy day, opened both valves that I closed when it blew, but the thumb only closes and doesn't open. Sorta checked everything I can think of, what am I missing.
Serial number please. Is the mode in the monitor set for thumb?
Yes it sounds like maybe the monitor got switched to single flow not dual flow. Not sure what the panel looks like on Deere for single or dual. My other excavators show the decal as concrete breaker for single and grapple bucket as dual. Also make sure that both isolation valves near the thumb are open. I know you said you opened them, however just the other day we had that issue and one of the valves was never closed, thought it was, but when we were opening both we actually closed one. Caused a *** moment, we started turning valves in different directions and figured it out.
Yes it is set for thumb. But I've ran it without being set to thumb as well.
When you try to open it, does it sound like it is going over relief?
When I try to open it it does nothing. No hose jumps, can't feel any movement on any hoses. Engine doesn't make a sound. Now I'm wondering where to locate the solenoid for the thumb.
Did you look under the sheet metal over the control valve, just behind the rear of the cab?
I cannot find such valve or solenoid
Ok. I didn't check the options associated with your serial number. You have what is called an AFL (auxiliary function lever). That was an option that could be ordered with the G series or newer machines. Unfortunately, Deere conveniently left that option out of their manuals. I'll have to dig a little to see whare they put the solenoids. On a P machine, it is located in the compartment behind the cab and the valve looks like this:
@mg2361 if it helps, for his sn # the AFL whole-goods kit is # AT454137 .
Thanks Dave! The valve with the solenoids should be in the compartment behind the cab under the air cleaners. It may be under the floor of that compartment which would have to be accessed from below.