I just lost my job as a over the road truck driver and im looking to go to school for heavy equipment operator here in my home state of wisconsin.the school is ats.my questions are1)does anybody know about these training schools.do they really count on a job app? 2)what type of salary or hourly wage can one expect(i know it would vary by type of job or machine operated? 3)where can you find work on line.i am unable to find anything in my area. Is there any place i should be looking? I have looked under operator,and heavy equipment operator. Or should i look at companies rather than jobs?thanks for any help you can offer.
i don't know about your area, but I'm a pipefitter and the local unions have apprenticeship training programs, usually free. Check out the internatonal brotherhod of operating engineers.
First off, poor time of the year for equipment operators around here as we have 18 inches of snow on the ground. I can't say anything about the success rate of the operator school grads. I don't know if they find work or not. As for the IUOE (operating engineers union) a lot of the guys there come out of the laborer's union first, or you better have family or know someone mighty good if you are going to get in there from what I have seen.
thank you for your help.i found 2 local unions for heavy equipment in wisconsin.i am going to call them after the holiday to see what they can offer me.the one nice thing i see they offer is paid training in the field with class training also.