Hi. I have been a locomotive engineer for the last 30 years. Like most men, I have always been fascinated by heavy equipment. I just found a couple of acres on the lake where I want to retire in the not too distant future and decided I finally have an excuse to own a backhoe. I bought a backhoe and have been clearing trees and brush and sloping and riprapping shoreline. In an effort to lean a little bit about excavating work I did a Google search and found this site. I think I have read about every post on here in the last few days. It is a wealth of information.
Wow you are a fast reader! Welcome to HEF
hello im new to HEF also and been reading alot of your forums very good website. Im hvaing a little trouble with starting my own thread though any help? i have activated my account so i dunt really no what the issue is thanks for any help in advance
I believe you need to have 5 post first. Anyway welcome aboard to both of you.
Actually, it's 3 posts. Sorry for the inconvenience, but it's useful as an anti-spammer measure. You can post a couple in the "test" forum to get your post count up, if you really need to start a thread right away. And welcome to the forums, both xterrahawk and eRay! I've owned a backhoe for the better part of thrity years, and I think it'd be really cool to have a railroad locomotive to play with when I retire.
Digger I bet we could set you up with an old freight car. LOL