Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New to HE industry

michelle.chng ยท 2012-09-25 05:57

I have just started learning the ropes of HE industry but i am still unclear of what's going on as i was from a different industry previously. Could anyone kindly gimme some pointers as to what to look out for?

Replies10
  1. #1digger242j2012-09-25 07:14

    That's a pretty open ended question, and a lot depends on what aspect of the industry you're going to be involved in. Are you going to design or manufacture equipment, operate equipment, do repairs and service, or are you going to try and sell something? :cool2

  2. #2michelle.chng2012-09-25 21:51

    Cos my company manufactures and i am the sales person who is selling.. i am looking at how best to pick up machine equipment knowledge as i have none of them from my past experience..

  3. #3Steve Frazier2012-09-26 00:26

    I'm curious, what made you choose a profession you know nothing about??

  4. #4michelle.chng2012-09-26 03:53

    It's something i thought challenging of and i wanted to know more about how these transformer looking things work.. I'm actually learning bit by bit about them just that my company does a wide array of stuff and i feel i'm not learning fast enough. The other reason that i joined was also because i enjoyed sales, regardless of which industry it is, i always enjoyed it as a career.

  5. #5TrentNz2012-09-26 04:04

    looks like you have a long way to go hahah , transformer thingy magigz

  6. #6michelle.chng2012-09-26 05:28

    Guessed as much >"< I've honestly never seen any machines in operation before..Most of the time they are just parked at sites and they look HUGE.. I'm looking forward to pointers from all you guys thank you all in advance!

  7. #7terrasmooth2012-09-26 23:32

    Welcome... Feel free to ask questions

  8. #8michelle.chng2012-09-27 23:10

    I tried surfing around the internet and looking at competitors machines. What's the difference between JCB 3CX Sitemaster Backhoe Loader and JCB3CX Eco Backhoe Loader? I found the specifications for JCB 3CX Sitemaster but not 3CX Eco... Anyone any pointers on this?

  9. #9joispoi2012-09-28 01:33

    Transformers.....lol. Have you considered waitressing?

  10. #10michelle.chng2012-09-28 02:05

    no.. waitressing can't even get anyone anywhere in Singapore.. Why would you ask such a question?