Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New to me 580C

TLR15 ยท 2013-04-09 21:53

A little introduction to you guys as I'm sure I'll be hanging around here often. A good friend and I own two pieces of land adjacent to each other in Western Maine and just bought a Case 580 C together. It's a pretty clean machine for it's age. Lots of spare parts included too. It's got the Shuttle shift, 4 in 1 bucket and a hydraulic thumb. Our plans for it include 2 septic systems, landscaping around our camps. Stump and rock pulling, snow removal and road maintenance. Here's a picture It needs a few minor repairs. It presently has no parking brake and the diff lock seems to be locked up. Maybe half the hoses are replaced too. I looked through the Case parts schematic but can't seem to find the hydraulic thumb. I'm wondering if that is an aftermarket item.

Replies9
  1. #1TLR152013-04-09 21:55

    BTW we paid $8000 for it including about $2000 in spare parts. It's got about 4700 hours on it.

  2. #2trevor b2013-04-10 04:54

    welcome to hef nice looking hoe trevor b

  3. #3utahjd12013-04-10 10:43

    Nice Case I just bought mine off the town of bridgton maine for 2100 bucks. If I had known I was the only guy bidding on it I would of got it for 1500.00. It runs perfect, my swing and out riggers need to be resealed they leak and I need new pins and bushings on the outriggers. But my front bucket needs some work.....What kind of parts do you have? I wish mine had a 4 and 1 and a hydraulic thumb.

  4. #4TLR152013-04-10 14:35

    Wow, sweet deal there! I've got steering cylinders, many hoses and fittings, filters, pins, shafts etc.

  5. #5Colt_Cowboy2013-04-10 15:04

    You got a great deal on that 580c!

  6. #6utahjd12013-04-10 19:19

    If you want free up a couple of bucks I might be interested.

  7. #7res2cue2013-04-11 09:12

    Yes we score big time! Cant wait to start putting the ol' girl to some good use!

  8. #8TLR152013-04-11 13:48

    Anyone know anything about the hydraulic thumb? The spec sheets don't list it as an option. Could it be aftermarket?

  9. #9ghitch752013-04-11 14:40

    nice 580C!!.....i would go with a grapple than a thump.....IMHO.....