Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Problem with transmission on a John Deere 210LE

Nathan5594 ยท 2013-04-09 18:09

Just replaced the power steering pump on this John Deere and when I was testing out the machine everything ran fine but when I shut it off the transmission fluid backed out an over flowed out of the fill tube. Tested it out again an again but still has the same problem no matter how much transmission fluid is in it

Replies3
  1. #1JackDeere2013-04-10 00:08

    I am curious. Where is the power steering pump on the 210LE. The transmission sounds as if the vent is plugged and it is building pressure.

  2. #2Nathan55942013-04-10 09:37

    It may not actually be called the power steering pump but it's the pump with 3 hydraulic hoses coming from the back and bolts straight into the back of the transmission but also I forgot to mention earlier I already took off that breather plug off the top of the transmission an sprayed some brake cleaner in it then sprayed it all out real good with a air hose. Is there any other kind of a vent or anything on the transmmission

  3. #3JackDeere2013-04-11 00:25

    There is only the one vent on the transmission. I can't think of any other way the transmission oil would come out the filler tube. If the transmission is not over filled and the vent is clear. You could try removing the vent while testing to see if the vent could possibly be faulty.