OK, Im picking up a old 580CK, and im a total newbee with heavy equipment!! Ive worked on tractors, trucks,cars, and other peices of equipment, so I have the basic knowlage. Use of this TLB will be farly light. Just diferent jobs around my land. the tractor runs pretty good, and the hydrolic's seem to work well. I do have a leak or two on the hoe, under the control tower somewere. Other then that, its just a old unit, that has been sitting a little over a year. Can you guys give me some info of stuff I should do to get it ready to work? I plan to lube, change oil, and all filters I can find. How many filters does it have? Any other tips and tricks for me?? Thanks for any help!!
Welcome s1120:drinkup. Your 580CK should have an oil bath type air breather, so no replaceable element there. Here is some copied text from someone's previous post here: From Wix's website using wix part numbers: Air Filter 42222 580B w/G188 Engine ( B model) Hydraulic 51760 580B w/G188 Engine Oil Filter 5145253 580B w/G188 Engine ( or Fram PH8A) Power Steering 51653 580B w/G188 Engine (or Purolator ** 140) Primary Fuel Filter 33381 580B w/G188 Engine ( B model only) Secondary Fuel Filter 33380 580B w/G188 Engine Transmission Filter 51518 580B w/G188 Engine ( or Napa 1518, fits CK also) I'm not sure of the 580CK primary fuel filter part#. Phil
OK, thanks. I got a full set of repair manuals with it, so thats good. No operators manual though. I will have to try to dig one up. The repair manual does not give much info on needed maintance...just repairs. She's getting dropped off later today.. Cant wait to dig some holes!!!
Here she is. Needs a little work, but mostly small stuff. It will be handy for taking care of my land.
It's beautiful ; never have seen a cab like that though on a CK. Is it direct drive or torque converter drive? Phil
Its torque converter drive. I got it dropped off today. Spent a few hours messing around with it, and I will have many more questens for you guys. I tell ya... the thing runs SWEEETTTTT though. Just purrs.. I have a leak somewere on the hoe,[I will be posting that up next] and it takes a bit to get moving when cold. I am planning on doing a filter, and fluid change on the TQ drive first before I worry about that though. Other then that, its just a lot of little "its a old tractor" things that need doing. Front tires shot, a few bad/missing greese fittings, a few small lift cyl leaks.. Stuff like that. here are some more pic's.
OK, I got some filter numbers from Napa..... Do these sound right?? Agean.. It is a 68 580CK.. secondary fuel 3165 primary fuel 3516 oil filter 1452 hydrolic filter 1760 TQ drive filter 1517 Do these sound right??
Got a call last night... "hey.. you going to come get the rest of the Case parts?" huh... I say.... so I got the big rear mount counterweight for when the hoe is off, the PTO assy, AND the 3ph for it!!!!!! Looks like I might be selling my old 8N!!!!
Wow, good for you!!!
Congratulations on your new tlb :drinkup. I just picked up a Ford 4500 yesterday and have a similar laundry list for it. I to have a leak beneath the hoe. On mine it is the right swing cylinder and it needs rebuilt.
Very cute cab. I have never seen one like it. Can you tell if it's an original mounting? I've seen 3 other types on CK's, the big box type, the narrower leaning forward type and the B model cab. The 580B cab on a CK is the most pleasing to the eye, but not common. I had the 'big box' type cab years ago, good if you had claustrophobia, or wanted to stand up and walk around. Phil
I dont know if its OE or not, but the mountings look to be real nice, and fit the tractor well. Not cobbled together, "fits all" type of thing. Its realy nice. Its big enough that you have some room,[and Im 6'3" 250lbs] but not so big that it gets in the way. No blind spots, but keep you dry in the rain. . The door openings have snaps on the inside. Must have has soft doors at one time.
Went out and scoped it out, and see if I could see a brandname on it. I found a tag, but its painted over. I will try to clean it off today, and see who made it.
good maint. ref. - thanks.