Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New to me 86′ Case 580E – Where to begin

AKRiverrunner ยท 2019-05-16 15:02

I recently purchased a low hour (1780) Case backhoe from my work. It was actually the first backhoe I ever ran as an apprentice. It has been mostly sitting in the yard for the past 20 years. Came with 3 hoe buckets as an added bonus including a frost bucket. First order is replacing the starter batteries and fluids. The last service was only about 40 hours ago but that was in 2009. I figured that I might as well do the full 1000 hour service since it has been sitting so long. I know that I will be replacing several hoses that are chaffed and I would like to tighten up the backhoe but I'm not sure how much work and cost this is going to be. It is also missing the upper back glass. At the price I got it for I'm already money ahead so I don't mind fixing it up a little so I can have trouble free operation in the future.

Replies1
  1. #1thepumpguysc2019-05-16 17:29

    LOL.. remember u said that.. AND.. put it writing.. Lol Have fun..