Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New (to me) Case 570MXT

SSam ยท 2019-06-01 14:59

I posted a month ago when I was looking at this machine, and I got it now and put it to work. It's a Tier 1 Case 570MXT turbo with cab, PTO and front hydraulic coupler. It has about 4900 hours and was at a tree nursery it's whole life before I got it. I've changed all oils and filters except the rear axle (been busy), bought a used but new condition box blade for it and put a set of fluid filled rear tires on. I've been using it to build a 600 ft long road that I've been roughing out with my excavator. My friend has been in town for a month, so I put him to work on the loader and he's moved over 500 yards of dirt with it. It seems like a great machine, the only finicky thing I have noticed is that it requires finesse to get it out of 4x4 without it clunking loudly. Wish the cab had AC, but it was hard enough finding one with a cab so I had to compromise.

Replies4
  1. #1Coy Lancaster2019-06-01 17:23

    The clunking sound hear and feel could be slack in the front diff. I'd check front drive shaft for play. As far as the A/C you could get a roof top unit or check with local Case dealer and see if they can help with A/C kit.

  2. #2Bls repair2019-06-01 17:54

    Try lifting front wheels off the ground when you shift to 2wheel drive so not in a bind

  3. #3alrman2019-06-01 18:38

    Re the clunking noise - Take some weight with the loader, so the front wheels are just lightly on the ground. Then get out of machine & rock the a front wheel fwd & back. You will likely find that the front axle is floating excessively on the pivot pin & may require some shims to take up some slack.

  4. #4SSam2019-06-01 22:27

    Thanks for the tips! I've found that if i turn the front wheels while in neutral it disengages softly, I will try lifting the wheels with the loader as well. I typically only use 4x4 sparingly, for example to get a full bucket when scooping uphill but not for driving around. Is it 'correct' to take it out of 4x4 after each scoop vs leaving it in for the full unload cycle of driving 700ft and dumping? Front drive shaft didn't have much play, but I noticed if I turn it one direction while the front wheels are off the ground with the motor off it seems to click in and engage the 4x4 clutch. Is this the correct behavior?