Hey guys I am new to the forum and I am new to running a hoe other then about 12 hours of playing around. With the economy going south and my general contracting and custom house building business is not taking in the profit that I would like it to; so I am going to partner with a local excavator to pick up the slack. I am new to heavy equipment but recently got my self into a 2004 cx130 with a hydraulic thumb, that I paid 38000 for and it has 1800 hours on it. I am wondering what you guys can tell me about the machine? What are they like, for those of you that have run them? How do they compare to the competition? What are the maintenance issues I will have and how often I should be changing oil? How often do tracks go bad or links get replaced? Any other info would be greatly appreciated!!!!! I am not sure how to post pics on this forum yet or I would. I have many hours in a asv and case skid steer tractors and such so I am not totally new to equipment. I have also run a case 9007b for a little while, but I am definatly green Thanks guys!!
The guy im workin with now has your same machine.... his has around 5,000 hours on it and its still in great condition. Good little machine. I must say that as long as what you got is in good condition, then you made a steal on that purchase!! Good price. Keep it greased well and change the engine oil every 250 hrs. Make sure to keep enough (but not too much) slack in the tracks for optimal track life. Thats about it.
Here are some pics.....tell me what you think.
looks good couple dents and such but not bad. dont know anything about case only have run cat machines, good luck with your new investment!
Can you guys tell me what make a track ripple up like the second picture? I think it is just from sitting but I don't know. Any Ideas?
Ripple on track, rust corrosion, been setting for a wile. It will go away as you run it. A little TLC and it will look like a new machine. Good luck.
I would spend a little time and $$$ to get a few fluid samples - oil, hydraulic,final drive and maybe swing drive. With low hours this may be overkill but when I buy a used machine, I change the engine oil, all filters and get fluid samples. Just cheap insurance. That is a good price for that machine, good luck with it.
Nice Machine He got one set of oil samples with the machine. I bid on three machines Thursday and Watched this machine Sell. It was a real Slugfest. I thought he had it bought for around $28,000. It seemed like it took 20 or 30 minutes to get this machine sold. It looks like a good machine for a really good price. Enjoy it.
I watched that machine go through on Iron Planet. Its a good buy thats for sure. It seems you seldom see many machines on this side of the country. I was tempted to bid on it but I was holding out on the 07 LinkBelt 160 with 250 hours. That machine was on the east coast and I had to add 8K for shipping. Not a great deal for me at just under 90K with shipping. The CASE?LinkBelt excavators are solid machines. I have a 9020B with 8500 hours, still a good tight machine. Good luck.
ksss,roddyo....I bid on another linkbelt on the last auction and missed it. I also was hoping get it for 28000!! I hope its a good one! With all the tax and auction fees it is amazing how much it adds up. Roddyo what else did you bid on? Cat maybe....
You should order a operators manual, shop manual and parts book. When the time comes you will be glad to have that information.
Auction Time I Was runner up on the Kobelco 210. I thought I had it bought a couple of times and they would hit it at the last minute. I dropped out on the 06 Volvo in Ga with the stump buster a couple of thousand back before it sold. It was worth what it brought but it had a lot of iron in the motor. I really need something with a 150 inch stick so it was going to be a bargain if I bought it. I droped out in the mid 70's on the 210 Link Belt so I was "Just Playing". I thought that machine brought it all. It don't look like I'll be buying an 07 model machine anytime soon.
I was a little surprised that the 210 brought that much. I thought maybe the 07's would go a little cheaper. Really would like that LinkBelt X2 or CASE B series machine but I think I am dreamin.
Link Belt 210X2 The 07 Volvo in Fl with 360 Hours brought in the mid 80's I think. What turned me on about the Link Belt was the long stick and the X2. If I had my 160 sold I would have tried the Little Link Belt. I liked it a lot.