Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New to me Dozer

chambie ยท 2010-03-14 20:45

Hello, I bought a used Komatsu D37. The name plate says it's a P - 2 the serial # when run by a komatsu dealer says it's an E - 2 !! So i'm not sure what it is !! It does have wide tracks on it. (2 ft ) The lower rollers on the right side are completely gone.The ouside flanges are worn completley off. The left side is good. Any ideas what would cause this ? Also is there a place you fellas know to get parts ? This is my first dozer, and i was hoping to do the work myself if i can. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks in advance ... Lindsay

Replies2
  1. #1John Canfield2010-03-14 21:21

    For a 1999 era D39, 18" pads are on the E and 24" pads are on the P. I don't know of another parts source other than a Komatsu dealer except for maybe undercarriage. You could send a PM to QuickTrax (or was it QuickTracks)- they deal in aftermarket UC parts.

  2. #2jkiser962010-03-14 23:14

    Check with S. Cohn. I know they deal in about anything to do with undercarriages. I needed a top roller for my mini ex & they had it in Ohio so I had it the next day & very reasonbly priced.