Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New to me dump truck

jmac ยท 2017-09-04 20:41

Bought this truck at a Richi Brothers auction in Tennessee. First off the tuck was from Knoxville and stayed in the south. I can tell you how nice it is to get a truck that has not seen road salt like what we have here. They had about 25 of these trucks that went for all the same price that was set as the high bid on the first truck. I have not started to put it to any really work yet so can't attest to machanical expect that it passed state inspection. The truck came with new tires, pads, and paint on the frame and dump body. We put the green paint on to match the other trucks. I did the paint work and my guys did the prep work.

Replies10
  1. #1Junkyard2017-09-04 21:30

    Looks like a solid truck. Green on a Mack. Reminds me of the interior green of the old B models. Or as we call it, guinea green. . Just the way those trucks are setup with the little chrome guard in front of the grill I'd have guessed NY or NJ. Funny the little things each area does.

  2. #2old-iron-habit2017-09-04 23:31

    Nice looking truck. Hope it works out well for you.

  3. #3jmac2017-09-05 20:30

    Thank you

  4. #4hvy 1ton2017-09-06 00:24

    Company here in town has a bunch of triaxle granites that all have that grill bar. What they have looks closer to what's on those RD's? I'm terrible with mack models.

  5. #5Bumpsteer2017-09-06 00:28

    That little grill guard should the deer out of the vitals......still going to have damage, hopefully it'll make it home. Ed

  6. #6JNB2017-09-06 09:24

    Looks like a good purchase. What type of paint did you use on the cab?

  7. #7jmac2017-09-06 18:50

    Omni base coat and clear coat. Years ago on the first truck I tried single stage but the matalic didn't lay down. Ended up painting it again with base coat and clear coat. This was the fourth truck we have painted this color and I must admit we're getting good at it. I enjoy the painting, especially if my help does the prep work.

  8. #8jmac2017-09-06 18:59

    This what it looked like when I received it from the auction.

  9. #9jmac2017-09-06 19:00

    This our Pete 378

  10. #10crane operator2017-09-06 19:15

    That's some nice looking equipment. Painting is the prep work, the actual spraying doesn't take much time, is what I've found, maybe I'll try getting my guys to do the prep work.