I have just bought a 1998 Hitachiex200-5. I have never operated or owned a machine before. The machine was inspected prior to purchase and showed new engine oil, new swing drive oil, and new final drive oil. I am looking for a manual to try to figure out appropriate interval to perform service on machine. Until I find a manual, what inspection or checks should I perform on an older machine on a daily or frequent basis? 1. Site glass level for hydraulic oil - performed with cylinders extended I believe. 2. Engine oil - pretty sure I can figure that out. 3. Swing drive - does this have a dipstick for checking? 4. Pump drive gearbox - how do I check this out? 5. Track tension- not sure at all how to check for appropriate track tension, I understand this is very important as I am not interested in tossing a track. I think I am supposed to use a grease gun to pump up idler pulley to provide tension. Anything else I should look for before I start playing with my new toy in the morning? Thanks, Alan
1-boom and stick stretched out,bucket curled in and on the ground 2- duh. 3-swing box dipstick is right behind the boom base. 4-Pump drive.....check it cold before you start up in the morning. Pull the dipstick and wipe it off,put it back in and then read level. (the dipstick is between the hydraulic pumps beside the pilot pump. 5- dont quote me on this, but I think it should be around 11 inches fron the bottom of the trackframe to the trackpad with the track in the air. This is measured at the middle of the trackframe. PS- check the pocket on the back of the seat for a manual.
Thanks for the information cutting edge. I found the dipstick for the pump drive, there appears to be a fill tube just behind the dip stick. Looks like a pipe nipple with a cap on it. Is this the fill for the pump drive? What sort of oil goes into the pump drive? Thanks, Alan
I use 80/90 weight gear oil mixed with lucas oil treatment. About 4 gear oil : 1 lucas oil. You might get second opinion on this but I have been running it for almost 100 hours now after new rebuild in pump drive. Also I use this especially in the engine oil. I have been using the lucas in my Cat dozer, Case back hoe, Cat track loader and my vehichles for years. Im a big believer in this stuff especially on the older used equipment. Hope this helps.