Just purchased a (new to me) 2015 JD 326E with 800 hrs. Removed the bucket to service it and do a check over in my shop. Went to put the bucket on and the electric actuator won't power. There is power both ways till the actuator when the switch is activated. I turned on the ignition a bit to check something else and that thing was clicking like crazy. I started it and it went away. But now nothing. Is there something I'm missing or is the actuator shot? My first skid steer for the farm. In Canada these things are $1200 to replace. Are there there aftermarket parts out there that are cheaper? Thx.
Welcome to HEF Cleancut ! Serial number? Is it mechanical controls or an "EH" machine? If that thing is clicking when the key is turned on it is not your actuator. You have voltage getting to it that shouldn't be. Check your K13 (lock) and K14 (unlock) relays. They are under the steel cover the covers the fuse/relay box on the right side of the frame. You will have to raise the ROPS/CAB to access them. Also check all your relays while your in there for "Green growth". Water intrusion to the relays has been an issue with those machines. Might want to clean everything up and put dielectric grease on connections.
Thank you for the welcome. And the reply. Serial #. 1T0326EKKFG283440 It's EH. It's keyless and the one time i turned on it did a bunch of clicking but no more. When I push the button in the cab to try to lock or unlock the actuator, the voltage does get till the actuator and depending on lock or unlock position, the polarity changes at the actuator. I can definitely dig into those relays to see if there's corrosion.
If it is currently not working then check your F14 30A fuse and your F15 15A fuse. Also make sure the grounds near the starter motor are in good shape if have have the cab tilted.
Well I finally decides to take the actuator apart and the brush holders were totally melted . No clue how that happened. Haven't really even used this unit yet. Need to figure out if I can put a jobber of some sort in there.
You didnt share part number. Is it AT424407? Google shows them at $625 UsD. Perhaps further digging under that number will reveal other options?
Yes that's the #. It changes up to AT494284 now. I thot of importing but $625 USD + 35% exchange plus shipping and some border fees and I'm almost to my price here. I tried google for a long time to see if there was sonething other than OEM but came up short. If it was winter I'd plan on trying to retro-fit something but I guess I'll bite the bullet for now. I'm one who like to keep stuff OEM as much as possible as too often you get what you pay for. Thx