Just purchased a new to me Mini Ex today. It's a 2000 Kuboto KX62-2 .less than 2k hours in decent condition. I would have liked a little better condition but my wallet didn't agree with me on that so it is what it is................Does anyone own one of these and can you tell if you like and what to watch you on it..............thanks in advance. This is my first none John Deere peice of equipment. My 80 JD is sometimes simply to darn big for allot of the work i seem to being doing these days.........
No one ever used or owned one of these older Kubota's ????
Well.......I got the unit and proceeded to pump two complete tubes of grease into it, changed all of the fluids and i have to say that these little kubs are very very smooth operating machines. I really like it.....Changing my way of thinking when it comes time for a new unit sometime down the road.
I've got a 1990 or so KH-033. For an older machine, it works really well. There are no electronics, all hydraulic. However, I have suddenly loss all hydraulics overnight. Worked great when I shut down the night before. I have changed the hydraulic filter, drained the tank and cleaned out the screen. Still absolutely nothing from any control. Any thoughts?
May be a selonoid valve, electric problem I think. Check fuses. Good luck.
May be a selonoid valve, electric problem I think. Check fuses. Good luck. Mice love to do that.
Hi Pafarmer. I have an older KX-71 and its a great machine. Couldnt tell you what to watch for, as I havent had any trouble yet. Does yours have a thumb? What about quick couple or attachments? Jason
Thanks otherguy, Mine has been great so far as well............I have an 18 and 24 inch buckets and a hydrulic thumb. Very smooth operating machine. easier to haul around than my biiger Deere. It's very quiet, uses little fuel. I am really impressed with the Kubota mini ex....
Kubota builds a very solid mini ex. Seldom to you hear of someone not happy with the performance or reliability of them.
2000 minix kx61-2 I own a 2000 kubota kx61-2 The main thing to watch for on these machines is the oil in the final drive. The (floating seal) will fail and your final drive will run dry causing you a very expensive repair. Because this is a married unit, the recommended repair is to replace not only the final drive but also the walking motor. Somewhere around $3500. I have patched mine in the past by changing the driveshaft in the final drive.(about $300) Only to find out it was a temperary fix lasting about three months. If there is any slack or wear in the parts in the finaldrive, change them. It is a pretty simple machine to work on.Other than that this has been a very dependable machine and would recomend it to anyone.
I also recently purchased a used 2004 KX 61-2 S Series. I require hydraulic pump. Apparently they are NLA. Been searching for months on a replacement and to no avail. I would hate to bench the unit as it's in great shape. Not sure what I can do?