Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New to me Kubota KX91-3

donald noel · 2018-05-22 08:44

Just bought my first excavator. Purchased it from a dealer in Canada and am very happy. My wife and coworkers think I'm crazy as I've spent the first month knocking out dents and sanding and painting. On a 4000 hour machine. But she's in good shape for her age and I want her to look the part. She had just arrived in our driveway when I took this pic.

Replies6
  1. #1Batkom2018-05-24 00:51

    Looks great as is! But I know how you feel! And I also know about the wife thinking your crazy! They don’t understand!

  2. #2donald noel2018-05-25 12:25

    Thanks! These are the scenes my wife comes home to every night. When it's done, the tree eradication will began.

  3. #3OTG AuGres2018-05-26 06:43

    Nice looking machine and good job on the refurb. I like my equipment to look good as well. A little paint touch up along with routine maintenance is my standard practice.

  4. #4Graham12018-05-26 11:03

    Now you have sprayed it a new set of factory stickers will finish it off just right. Makes a whole lot of difference. Repainted one of my machines last year and without the stickers it just looked like an old machine that had been done up, now it looks like a new machine. Graham

  5. #5donald noel2018-05-29 12:24

    Graham, couldn't agree more about the stickers. Bought a full set out of Australia for less than $100. Your machine is one of those mountain climbing beasts, right? Pretty awesome.

  6. #6Graham12018-05-29 16:16

    [QUOTE Your machine is one of those mountain climbing beasts, right? Pretty awesome. [/QUOTE] Yes, I’m pretty pleased with it. I mainly use it for awkward access. Stepping over stuff, adjusting the legs in and out to avoid stuff, lowering the belly down to almost ground level to work indoors. That type of thing, but I can drop the wheels off one end and fit claws then you can go as steep as you dare. If it is too hairy then it is preplumbed for a hydraulic winch that drops on to brackets on the belly which I can hire from the dealer if I ever needed it. Graham