Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

new to me newholland

bullit340 ยท 2009-01-23 17:37

I got a used new holland lx985. Full cab w/heat 2 speed, the thing seems to be a nice machine, bucket pins have some slop and the steering levers are off a little bit but otherwise it runs great with plenty of power. I have used it for snow with a 10' pusher for the last 2 months and am pleased. I am wondering what if any problems I might encounter at about 2,200 hrs?

Replies3
  1. #1tightgtp2009-11-14 09:29

    keep the drive chains adjusted up, grease the zerk on the axle housing inside the wheel. otherwise beat the crap out of it. awesome machine.

  2. #2bullit3402009-11-15 08:02

    wow this was an old post, thanks for the info though. I have run it for about a year now and liked the NH so much I just sold a much newer bobcat and kept the older NH. I went through the machine greese filters etc... and I do know that there is one drive chain that has way more play in it than the other. Maybe this has something to do with why my steering is off a bit.

  3. #3tightgtp2009-11-15 13:32

    to adjust the chains you'll have to pull the wheel on the axle you want to adjust. loosen the axle mount bolts a bit and take a sledge hammer and beat the axle away from the center. as far as the steering being off i'm assuming you mean one side drives faster than the other. if i remember right the four bolts that bolt the drive lever assy down to the frame are slotted, so all you need to do is move it forward to increase speed and backwards to slow down. i'm new on here and i used to work at a new holland dealership. so i was checking any new holland questions. hope this helps, feel free to pick my brain