I have been hanging out in the Forestry area of the forum for a long time now but I figure it only makes since to introduce my self here. My name is Ryan and my wife and I own Viking Heavy Diesel & Equipment out of Lawton OK. Been going for a couple of years now doing work for the wind farm companies around here as well as working in the oil patches and some of the bigger farms in the area. I run a crew of two guys full time and occasionally hire on part time help as it is needed. My crew and myself are all Diesel Mechanics in the Army and as of July last year through July this year the entire crew (minus my wife Susen) are all deployed to Afghanistan. The company is closed down until we get back. We specialize exclusively in on-site / field work. I have tons of photo's up on the company facebook if you would like to check them out. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Viking-Heavy-Diesel-Equipment/111292538909710 I hope to fit in well here and learn from all of you.
Greetings and Welcome, I am glad to hear from you and would like to say THANKYOU for proudly serving in the US ARMY. What is your MOS? Good luck ans post up your afgan adress and I will send you a care package!!! Ryan K
I think you'll have no problem fitting in here Ryan. There was an ad for an Afghanistan job awhile ago. 7 days a week for 11 months with 4 weeks off. Is that what you guys are doing? Have you checked the modeling board at the bottom of the forum? Some pretty cool stuff in there. See you around, Rob
I am now a 91B but started out as a 63S 8 years ago when I joined. I appreciate you offering to send care packages but we will be on our way home soon so don't worry about it. Naw I am actually in the Army, I run the business on the side and have a guy coming in in August to take over the day to day operations so I can mellow out some. I have looked at the modeling board but not recently. I have some models pictured in the forestry forum as well as on the face book. Thanks for welcoming me guys.