Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

new to this site

papadoux ยท 2006-03-28 01:57

Hi there, I'm from Louisiana and came up on this site looking for complaint forms. has anybody out there had any bad experiences with ironplanet:crying

Replies7
  1. #1Cat4202006-03-28 12:37

    Welcome! I always watch the auctions on Ironplanet, but haven't bought anything from there. There's something about not being about to run the machine before purchase that makes me hessitant to bid on anything. If you don't mind sharing, did you have problem with Ironplanet specifically or the actual seller? Ironplanet really likes to promote themselves as a safe and reliable place to buy equipment, but as we all know there are two sides to every story and it would be nice to hear some firsthand experience.

  2. #2Steve Frazier2006-03-29 00:01

    Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums!!:drinkup I'm glad you found us, although I'm a bit confused how you found us on a search for "complaints"!! I hope there aren't too many complaints about this site, LOL! Have a look around and feel free to jump in anywhere you like!

  3. #3papadoux2006-03-29 07:33

    Ironplanet No Steve there were no complaints about this site. Searched heavy equipment forums and this site came up. Was looking for a site to complain about Ironplanets Ironclad Assurance guarantee which is 99.9% B.S. I was looking for other people who have had problems with Ironplanet and their deceptive descriptions and photo's. tks mike:crying

  4. #4LT-x72007-11-13 23:06

    For some reason I can't open a new thread so I'll just piggyback this one. Has anyone used ironplanet since this thread died? I'm considering buying a backhoe through them and I'm looking for feedback. Thanks

  5. #5Countryboy2007-11-13 23:18

    Welcome to HEF LT-x7! :drinkup The first red link in my signature will explain this.

  6. #6LT-x72007-11-14 12:15

    Ahhh, thanks Countryboy, I'm not sure how I missed that one.

  7. #7fcf13202012-11-22 20:39

    Hi guys I had a bad experience with Ironplanet but not from de USA but from Europe, though is the same company. I bought a CAT 320 year 1992, the report stated excellent condition full of green stars and when the machine arrived....oh what a surprise all the electronic parts destroyed i had to spend 3 k on the reparations and spend many months to find a qualyfied person to arrange the machine. In this days I have claimed for the 3 k refund but still have no reponse. I will let you know further information.