Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New Tool(s) “teaser”

TVA · 2019-03-05 20:16

A new very useful tool about to appear! It’s in final development stages and a guy who developing would like some feedback if you not too busy! Here’s a link to his website! if you wanna give feedback just go to website contact section and email the guy! You can also join the email club. I knew about this about six months, and was waiting for it! Here we go! http://www.insanehydraulics.com/letstalk/smartindustrialmonitorpartone.html

Replies21
  1. #1Ronsii2019-03-05 22:08

    The basics sound very similar to my mooshimeter .... I don't use it all the time but when I need a remote measurement real time it is extremely handy and although I haven't done it I would guess it wouldn't be too hard to hook it to high pressure sensors....

  2. #2joe--h2019-03-06 00:26

    That guy is funny, his Kaboom stuff is always interesting. Joe H

  3. #3Vetech632019-03-06 07:15

    There is probably an APP for that.

  4. #4TVA2019-04-02 22:28

    Here is first video of this tool!

  5. #5funwithfuel2019-04-03 06:41

    That is snazzy, beets having 12 meter hoses draped all over. Thanks for sharing that. Something to look forward to.

  6. #6TVA2019-04-03 07:11

    Pretty soon should come out video with multiple channels tool with real-time calculated Delta P/T simultaneous display of PRV amps and other goodies! Stay tuned!

  7. #7TVA2019-04-03 07:21

    Most importantly it is not gonna cost too much.

  8. #8Mbar2019-04-05 15:57

    That’s pretty cool. I was just thinking the other day how now it would be to have Bluetooth reading after after having hoses all over the place

  9. #9Nige2019-04-05 16:26

    We're waiting for delivery of some Bluetooth pressure transducers that can be read using a laptop or smart phone. They also have a data-logging capability They should ship from the manufacturer next week. Once we get them and start playing around I'll post some photos.

  10. #10TVA2019-04-05 18:44

    Brand is Webtech? Although I’ve seen whole lot of their stuff rebranded! Even by Stauff!

  11. #11Nige2019-04-06 04:34

    Transducers Direct. https://www.transducersdirect.com/p...re-transducers/wireless-pressure-transducers/ Approx $300 a pop. A bit like bourdon-type pressure gauges there are different ranges varying from 0-100 to 0-10,000 psi.

  12. #12TVA2019-04-06 08:48

    I talked to Sergiy about these, he said that it is different product. These have slower update rate because they are optimized for long ( two years ) battery life. And these design for permanent installation monitoring purposes - not diagnostics. Also the quote: “This a different product for a different purpose. this isn't suitable for diagnostics - the update rate is too slow because they are optimized for long battery life, the range, too. This is a very good option for process monitoring, yes. Their batteries last for 2 years. I can attach my transmitter to anything I want - a pressure transducer, a flow transmitter, a temperature transmitter, a position transmitter, a force transmitter, or anything else that has an analogue interface. I can use it to test and adjust pressure switches, I can use it to power relays remotely, to test LEDs, to use a power source for something else, it's a completely different product.”

  13. #13Nige2019-04-06 09:39

    Good info. We got clued into these by a contact in Australia for diagnostics purposes, not for permanent installation. Range is not an issue because all we want to do is be able to sit in a machine cab and read pressures, probably no more than 20 ft. Does he have any idea what the refresh/update rate is on them..? When we get them here and have had a chance to play I'll report back ...........

  14. #14TVA2019-04-06 10:21

    Range and penetration is an issue on industrial application. I remember looking at this company couple of years ago when I was looking for less expensive alternative to Webtech/Parker tools. But somehow I missed these or they wasn’t there yet.

  15. #15TVA2019-04-06 10:23

    If you have more questions about this tool you can go to http://www.insanehydraulics.com/contacts.html

  16. #16Slidey2019-04-10 07:23

    Had bluetooth guages when on a RIO site as they wouldnt let us live test. Connected to an ipad. The theory is sound but it was not a great software system on the ipad in my opinion

  17. #17Nige2019-04-10 09:59

    Refresh rate on the sensors we are buying can be set as low as 50 milliseconds (aka 20Hz). I think that should do the trick. They are on the way now but no idea when they will actually rock up.

  18. #18Nige2019-06-06 14:44

    Update. We have them on site and have used them a few times so far. As far as I'm concerned (for testing purposes anyway, as opposed to permanent system monitor capability) they are the dog's bollox.........

  19. #19TVA2019-06-06 15:11

    Too slow?

  20. #20Nige2019-06-06 15:25

    Sorry, English expression. "Dog's bollox" = the mutt's nuts/handy as a shirt pocket/best invention since sliced bread. You pick. With a refresh rate of 20 milliseconds I consider them more than suitable for pressure testing. If I was looking at something like clutch filling times on a transmission then I would need a 1ms refresh rate on the pressure transducer and I'd be using a Dataview Datalogger and it's associated sensors.

  21. #21TVA2019-06-07 07:47

    Good deal! Sorry for misunderstanding!