Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New Toy 1969ish International Need Carb Info

Birken Vogt ยท 2015-03-17 21:42

I got this truck for a crane to move generators around. I got it from a friend of mine who doesn't use it. It is known to run good, I have used it. It is known to flood over the carb but right now the problem is that it seems to not be getting enough fuel into the bowl. Likely from sitting around too much. The screen is clean and the pump pumps plenty of fuel as far as the screw with the hex nut looking thing in the front left corner of the carb in the picture. We drove the truck off the lowboy 10 feet at a time waiting for the bowl to refill from the electric pump. Thanks

Replies6
  1. #1grandpa2015-03-17 21:47

    Sounds like the needle and seat under that cover is causing you some problems.

  2. #2Delmer2015-03-17 23:14

    Could be all gunked up inside beyond just the float valve. Ethanol and water make a real mess out of carburetor castings. The tank, lines, pump and screen can all be clean but the gas goes bad inside of the carb. If it was mine, I'd rig up a dual fuel system, run it on cheaper ethanol gas, and then switch it to premium no ethanol for the last five minutes or so. So it won't sit with the ethanol turning the carburetor into powder. Keep the gas fresh, and Stabil might help, not enough experience to say personally.

  3. #3Birken Vogt2015-03-17 23:14

    Do you know what that carb is called and where I can find a manual for it? If I remove the screw fuel comes out like a fountain.

  4. #44x4ford2015-03-17 23:57

    Just looks like 4 barrel holley any compotent the parts store should be able to get you a rebuild kit with the numbers off the carb

  5. #5grandpa2015-03-18 20:53

    Check this out Birken http://www.carburetion.com/images/carbid/holley9.jpg http://www.carburetion.com/holley.asp

  6. #687silvert2015-03-18 21:33

    carb Holley 600cfm vacuum secondary. The floats and bowls are a little different than the larger 650-850 cfm when you are ordering parts. I am pretty sure they call it a side hung instead of the center hung but not 100% on that as it's been a loooong time.