I pulled the trigger on a rock hound mower for the mini ex. Went back and fourth between them and US mowers. The actual units are very similar really it came down to support for me rockhound is in CA, us mowers in WA. My local cat dealer is a rockhound dealer and all warranty or repairs is through them they have been very good to me so this is were i went. I ended up going with the 30 ex HD due to the knife configuration and the size and weight of the attachment. I do most of my work on slopes and wanted something that i could extend my reach all the way out and make my machine tippy. The mower on the machine you cannot even feel its there! Im running it on my cat 305.5D. i ran it alittle bit around my property yesterday and I was impressed. i will be on a job today with it so it will be put to the test. Ill try to get some video. It came in last week but we had a fitment issue with my coupler contacting the attachment. I ordered my machine with a hydraulic coupler and the mower's pin set was tested with a manual coupler i got it home and couldnt get it attached. Took my machine and the attachment back to cat and they knocked it out as usual. I also had to have my hydraulic thumb hooked up to the secondary's in order to use it with the thumb saddle on the mower. I moved some boulders and utility poles yesterday and cannot feel a differance in grabbing power on the thumb.
How do you like that 305.5 D ? I am looking at that or the Bobcat E55
Carl I love it cant say a bad thing about it so far i have about 70 hours on it. I have done more with this machine then i ever thought possible with a mini ex. I demoed the deere and Kubota before my purchase but not the bobcat. The bobcat dealer here in san diego is not the nicest to say the least. I can say the 305.5 is a animal.
What did you like about it over the Deere and the kubota
Are you still liking this machine I am going to be demo'ing one next week.
That is a nice set up. I like that you can do more than just mow with it. Those jaws look to mate to your thumb nicely.
I demoed the 305.5 the machine seemed a little slow in the bucket curl and the stick cylinder function ..
Carl its has adjustable controls you can speed it up a but if needed. Its been great don't have a complaint except i wish it had a continuos button for aux hydro while mowing! Holding the button all day gets olds lol
Nice new toy! That machine looks awesome hooked up behind the dump truck btw
Nice set up,sweet looking 359 you have.
How hard would it be to splice in a parallel rocker switch?
Thats a good looking 303.5 ccr you have. I've had a 07' 303ccr for a bit, and it's a awesome machine. I'll try and upload pics. case 580sm