hello, I have just replaced my track motor and gearbox after the old one disintegrated. I operated on one track for about 25 hours by removing the sungear from the damaged trackmotorgearbox. Now that my new motor has arrived and I installed everything, I push the forward and reverse lever but nothing happens. I can hear engine labouring and sounds like fluid trying to get to the motor but it won't turn. Any ideas? Could operating one one track upset the swivel joint alignment somehow? It. Is a JCB js240
How many hydraulic hoses are there on the track motor..? is there any possibility that you may have mixed up the hoses for track motor case drain, travel brake, & 2-speed (if it has 2-speed), and therefore the travel motor brake is not releasing..?
X2
Undo the 2 small hoses off the motor, start the engine and put the lockout lever into the operating position. The hose that squirting oil should be the brake. Oh and make sure it's in the low speed before doing any of this.
Hello, Thanks for replies. There are four hoses, 2 large inlet/outlet, a case drain, and on the opposite side, you can see the brake line. They all appear correct due to differing sizes. Would I need to bleed it perhaps?
Oh, it is only one speed by the way.
I'm 100% certain hoses are correct as can be seen in the picture. What I'm not sure about is how long I should have engine running before it builds enough pressure to release brakes. Will turning power higher make things happen faster or would it be a risk. Are the brakes that good that even full forward and reverse control can't make the sprocket turn?
Just a thought. Have you tried pulling the motor off and see if it turns when removed from the final drive..? Another thought. The "new" motor. Is it actually a zero hours new motor or a rebuild/Reman/used, etc, etc..?
The new motor and gearbox is from South Korea. Not remanufactured. It came as a complete assembly as shown in photograph 2. I'd rather not pull things apart at this stage just in case there is a warranty etc. I'm hoping it is just a brake issue or something similar. I will trouble shoot again in a few hours when it is light again.
Try simply removing the motor from the final drive assembly, hook up the hydraulic lines, and see if it rotates when you operate the control lever.
So, what disintegrated, your travel motor or gearbox? Did you flush your system, clean your turning joint and replace your case drain filters? Is your gearbox full of oil?
My old Kato needs the final drive cluster gears to be timed, ( I don't know if that is common to other brands) otherwise it would be locked up and possibly smash. Any chance yours was assembled out of time?
Ok I have just arrived back with machine. It appears after undoing the small brake line that I'm getting no flow. Any ideas what this nay be from?
It's a brand new motor and gearbox. Totally new. But fluid is just trickling out of the brake line, I think maybe the brakes are stopping it from turning. I do not have ports pack to release brakes.
Any idea why the other motor failed? maybe the cause is related to the no/low brake release pressure.... new assembly has good enough brakes to stall it out while old drive just kept working with the brakes on??? maybe... don't know just throwing out theories here. it would seem that something is restricting the brake release fluid, I would track that line backward and find out where it is getting blocked or not activated. edit: although both motors should share the same brake circuit.... check the other side for brake release pressure/flow.
Hi, Yes I noticed they both share the same line at the swivel joint. The other side works perfect. The gearbox shattered due to no oil I'm pretty sure, I had posted photos of it last month before I bought this nes assembly. I'm guessing it's possible that no oil pressure to the right side caused restriction/friction that ultimately doomed the gearbox. Right now I believe it must be s blockage of some kind in the brake line, or perhaps an air lock as I'm not sure how to properly bleed the motor. Instructions say motor must be bled. I think I just take of drain line and let it run but not sure. I will try that as soon as my friend arrives.
Ok, very little fluid coming out of the other brake line also. Maybe a solenoid not supplying brake release hose? Other track appears to still spin free however, maybe brakes worn?
If the oil coming out of the brake lines is the same both sides then it would appear that the problem is not in the new unit you just installed. You'll have to trace the lines back to whatever valve controls the releasing of the motor brakes.
Ok I seem to be mistaken. What I thought was a brake release hose seems to be the high speed track hose. I'm guessing if I select the rabbit speed oil will flow through this hose. Apparently brake release occurs simultaneously when you select travel forward/reverse according to the jcb manual. Here is a link to the situation.
High speed tracking pilot pressure (pic)
No. gearbox failed, but not motor. I will try locate case drain filters and change tomorrow. The oil is recycled, but fresh.
Take the big caps off the top and bottom of motor and see if shuttle valve is free and will move up and down. Bob
I reckon that you should check the gearbox to ensure that nothing is jamming it. I have had it happen and cost me a new box. Just saying
Ok, well after testing the motor. It appears motor is faulty. Not sure the Chinese "supplier" I'm dealing with will pay repair bill. The lesson/moral : Be certain you are dealing with the manufacturer of products off AliBaba, NOT the supplier.
If you don't have any luck with the warranty and the old motor was working OK then swap new for old, then at least you'll know the gear box part is good- well maybe.
Well, hydraulic company pulled the motor apart and said the brake pack was corroded and the O-rings old and very flat. His opinion: Motor probably built 5 years ago during the boom and then stored improperly on the shelf until some unfortunate sap was willing to hand over his hard earned money
I just looked into this thread and was wondering why people were talking about a brake line to a travel motor. The brakes work off the main lines feeding the motor. You will only have two small hoses which one is case drain and the other is high speed travel. Sorry to hear about the problems.
Hello, Mr Antpoo. sorry to hear that, hope already have it all fixed. terribly sorry for the fact of your tricky transaction on Alibaba. on the other hand, no offense if any, there are professional manufacturers in China also.