Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New truck?

mxsledder ยท 2016-03-31 23:52

I've always owned my current T 800 but it's got 700,000 miles. I'm wanting to possibly add a new truck to take some of the workload off my current one. For all you that have bought new trucks with good warranty's did you regret it? My payment would be $1700 on a new one with a 5 year warranty.

Replies3
  1. #1lantraxco2016-04-01 01:18

    I'm just a poor dumb used to be mechanic so take this advice for what that's worth... I wouldn't buy a new truck for love nor money. I'd look for a nice low mileage used Tier 3 engined truck set up the way I wanted and drive it until they pulled my license.

  2. #2redneckracin2016-04-01 07:59

    Ditto. Stay the heck away from tier 4. Id build a glider first.

  3. #3JNB2016-04-01 08:03

    That comment is an instant classic! :notworthy