Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Newb from MA

BAD5oh ยท 2009-04-06 21:21

Hey all. New guy here from MA 15 minutes north of Boston. Great site. I'm Dave. I was digging with a 1983 JD 410B when I was 5 and always loved heavy equipment. I grew up in the construction field but have been doing landscape construction. I repair and operate front end loaders, mechanical street sweepers, skid steers, and excavators I'm 28 but I love older equipment. We own front end loaders at work and used to own: 1972 Michigan 55B articulating with a V6 Cummins no power adder. Great lookin machine but slow as hell. 1972 Trojan 1700 articulating 453 Detriot. Naturally loud but this was a fast machine to operate and drive over the road 1979 Trojan 2000 articulating 471 Detroit. This had a 2 speed forward and 1 speed reverse. A bit slow but powerful Now we have 1986 Komatsu WA350 1988 Dresser 520B 1994 Komatsu WA180 1995Dresser 515C The local Komatsu dealer used to sell Houghs and Michigans so there are still quite a few in my area. One person i know owns a 68 Hough 30 with a Wain Roy backhoe attachment Well just wanna say again great site and lots of great info. Lookin forward to learning new info here

Replies2
  1. #1cat 3852009-04-06 21:28

    welcome to the site dave:drinkup

  2. #2bill53622009-04-06 21:29

    BAD5oh Welcome to HEF, looking forward to more posts from you. Bill