Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

newb introduction

novadigger ยท 2016-02-01 22:53

Hey everyone... newb here and thought I'd say hi. I just bought a 05 cat 420d 4x4 with 2500hours on the clock. Seems like a good machine. Is there anything I should look out for on this tractor ? Any advice is welcome.

Replies2
  1. #1Bill Smith2016-02-02 07:15

    Well if it has only 2500 true hours on it and the last owner took care of it . It should be flawless

  2. #2Spangles2016-02-03 14:41

    Just make sure you keep up on the maintenance and servicing and it should last for ages. Also do keep up with any update from the dealer or CAT for your machine model and serial. It will save you money in the long run if you can replace a part or be prepared to replace it before it goes bad and creates a bigger mess.