Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Newbie from NY State

dcoot ยท 2013-05-22 22:32

I would like to say hello & introduce myself. My name is Dan and I Found this forum after buying a few pieces at an auction. Long story short, I'm in the metal fab business and was looking for a compressor for sandblasting at a recent auction. The compressors were marginal in size and went for more than I wanted to spend. So I looked around and came home with a F-250 4WD pickup, a Cat 215 excavator and a 955L trackloader. I have a bunch of dirtwork comming up that will cover the cost of the equipment. The 215 needs a bunch of TLC and I think one of the drive motors is out as it does not want to steer, it will move in a straight line. The machine is tight and the engine fires right up & runs great. The 955 looks like it came out of a showroom. Runs great, good bottom, Steers well and is a tight machine. The only reason that I bought it is it sold not much above scrap prices. I have an old Allis-Chalmers 7G that I will be selling and I will probably get close to what I paid for the Cat. The A-C has been a good old dependable machine, But you have to be Houdini to fine parts for it. My wife thinks I've gone off the deep end, But after I said that the first job is the foundation for HER new house everything is lovie-dovie.

Replies2
  1. #1willie592013-05-22 23:32

    If you wiggled out of a situation with your wife...you are Houdini. Welcome to HEF dcoot. :drinkup

  2. #2CM19952013-05-23 06:56

    Welcome to the Forums dcoot!:drinkup Funny how you can get the wife's perspective to change.