Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Newbie….Hi Guys…

Gman ยท 2009-07-21 10:03

Great Forum..... I have just got my Case 420CT (Series2)...long story but I bought it as is with no Owners Manual (Machine has only 1hr on it). I love the look and feel of this machine....seems to be better built then my NH L 175. I have ordered a manual from my Case Dealer but they say 2 weeks at least as he has none in stock.:beatsme I need some HELP as I have a job using the Case tomorow (Sand.....) Just wondering if anyone can HELP :notworthy me with some Basic questions. I have always used 2 Stick controls with Floor pedals .....I have tried the Pilot type controls (H pattern) on the Case but I don't know what the little round buttons do on each control Grip and how to lift the cab to get at the internal ...etc...just some Basics/Pointers would be great before I set out....:notworthy

Replies9
  1. #1rpctsv2009-07-21 17:54

    Brand new toy!Sweet! The cab on my 40xt bolts down in the rear and tilts forward. I have never used a 420CT Sorry

  2. #2Gman2009-07-21 18:01

    Yep...I noticed 2 Monster Bolts one on each side that seem to be the only points that secure the Cab....Pivot points at the Front. Such a bugger that I have to chase the Owners Manual....just a few bits/switches.......that I have no idea what they do....... Going to have a Play this Morning.....see if I can figure out a few things with it. :beatsme

  3. #3rpctsv2009-07-21 18:08

    I really need a service manual myself! Your owners manual isn't in a plastic box bolted under the cab roof? Mine is there with a cable so you can't remove it from the machine.

  4. #4Gman2009-07-21 18:12

    Yep.......The Cable is still in there but no Manual attached..... PS: Was wondering what that earth like looking cable/wire was doing coming out of the Manual Box.........

  5. #5rpctsv2009-07-21 21:29

    lol,somebody yard selled your owners manual,sucks bro.The info in those things is helpfull but will leave you yearning for more!

  6. #6rpctsv2009-07-21 21:31

    And yes,selled is not a word,just in case theres grammer cops in here!

  7. #7Gman2009-07-22 03:20

    $129 AUD....... ...........

  8. #8KSSS2009-07-22 21:33

    Raising the cab is removing the two bolts behind the cab and then pull back on the grab bars on the cab. To put back down there is a safety lever located by the right control handle where the cab hinges, flip it back and then push the cab back down. The buttons. Depending on how your machine is equipped you may have two button trigger controls one on each stick. The left one is two speed and the right one is ride control. There are several different configurations for the control handles depending on how the machine is loaded. If you have electro/hyd aux. control you will have 3 aux. functions on the right stick (used to run side shift attachments, chute controls on snow blowers and so on) The left stick will have a temp. on for the aux. hyd. meaning you hold it and it stays on, release it and it stops. Above that is a hyd. lock if you want the aux. to run without holding it down. To the left of that switch is another aux. it can be used for blinkers or whatever you would like to wire it to. I could go on but perhaps posting a picture of your handles will narrow it down.

  9. #9Gman2009-07-22 21:46

    Great...Thank you...:notworthy...I have done my first job with it and found everything OK.....my first Track machine and quiet interesting how different it is to use. But I must say the Case 420CT is a fine machine. I should be getting my Manual as soon as I get back from 1 week off.. But the Cab all makes sense now and I will give it a go before I go...