Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

case 60 xt

ringer ยท 2009-07-21 12:55

what problems should a person look for before buying

Replies8
  1. #1rpctsv2009-07-21 17:49

    I just bought a 40XT and theres a few things I looked for. Does it wander when you start it up? Does the engine smoke? Do the hydraulics leak? How do the pins and bushings look? How do the blocks on the front of the machine look? How do the drive chains look? How do the drive sprockets look? Check for signs of tampering with the air intake. Check all fluids! Drive it,does it go straight? Dig with it,can you kill it easily? Look at the undercarriage,was it used around concrete(tub beat up)? How the tires and rims look? All the wheel studs there? And generally just look for signs of abuse. If you look at my thread,I have a small issue with a drive motor already.I don't feel you can absolutely trouble shoot every issue that will or might come up.I do have a loyalty to Case because thats all I have operated.

  2. #2ringer2009-07-21 20:23

    dont understand tampering with air intake .. great list of things to check

  3. #3rpctsv2009-07-21 21:08

    Air Intake? Tampering might of not been a good word. The air intake IMO,needs to be flexible and not new.I have seen petrified AI's that you know have been flaking crap into the motor.A rubber hose will let you know if it's lived outside or not.

  4. #4dirt worx2010-03-28 22:17

    rpctsv, how did you make out with your 40xt? I'm about to buy one when I came across your thread. It has 700hrs and looks real clean.

  5. #5rpctsv2010-03-28 22:52

    Its been great worx!I had the drive motor issue and nothing since then.We pushed alot of snow with it and made a large dirt berm with it last week.It digs hard,you will spin out before you kill the motor.I have put around a hundred hours on it without issue,It lives inside and is used to mow,dig,clear trees,maintenance the drive,a jack,ext,ext.I really like the bucket float feature,I use a 1845c at work on occasion and there is no comparison.I put skinny tires on it to zip between trees and get thru the mud.I think I paid 8,200 with trailor with 1,600hrs on the machine.

  6. #6dirt worx2010-03-28 23:15

    Glad to hear your lovin it. I'm paying $13,700 for this one which seems like a good price nowadays. I don't want to have to put money into new motors.

  7. #7KSSS2010-03-29 10:36

    I had a 70XT that I put 1500 hours on and never had a problem with the drives.

  8. #8prudog2010-03-31 11:31

    NO comparison??? Does that mean the 1845c is a better machine or the 40xt? No comparison in power or smooth or ???