Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Newbie – Hitachi EX200LC question – Help Please

superduty71 · 2017-07-02 21:31

So I recently acquired a Hitachi EX200LC for use on our own property (purchased because the price was right & it only has 4200+ hrs) & have been running though the systems & correcting issues. I have the parts list manual & the Isuzu engine manuals & so far I have been pretty successful with getting everything in order but being a newbie in owning an excavator I am having an issue with the following…. There is a dipstick on the Hydraulic Pump (Double Assembly) which has a tag on it (model HPV116C W-23A - Mfg No06831) & without the actual user manual for the machine I am at a loss as to what type of fluid is supposed to be used in it. I am guessing it need something like 80w-90 gear oil & the fill is the location id the elbow & plug at the top of the case, but I could be total off base. So I am wondering if anyone can please help a newbie… what oil should be used? Fill capacity? And is this the correct fill location? Attached are pics of what I am referring to…. Any & all help appreciated…

Replies2
  1. #1uffex2017-07-03 07:45

    Good day super duty Please see attached I hope it helps. Sorry the file locks up at 71% something wrong with software send me your Email I will send the information direct (success third attempt) Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2superduty712017-07-03 08:09

    Thanks Ufex for the quick response & the document.... so am I correct in guess it uses like a 80w-90 oil? or is there something else I should be using for fluid. I'll send you my email address also - any help is greatly appreciated being this is my first Ex... Long 4 day weekend here & hoping to get her up & running before going back to work... Thanks - Superduty