Just curious as to what mechanisms techs consider as 'Good' these days, laptop types, software providers etc. Been out of the market a LONG Time but still get pressed to aid in machine diagnostics and would like to reference the available 'Better to Best' mechanisms to those techs still doing this for a living.
I really like my wire identifier. Texa sucks for on and off road. Snap on works pretty well for on road but haven't used it a ton. Obviously dealer software (SIS, Service Adviser, Insight) is great but expensive. Unfortunately that's my experience. Cummins allows(ed) a free account for up to five serials. I tell customers to sign themselves up.
I haven’t heard of anything truly satisfactory for construction equipment other than the factory software and adapters. There is a company that specializes in providing packages of aftermarket software and adapters called Diesel Laptops and they offer varying levels of customer support.
check out facebook. Lots of guys can set you up with what you want and can load on your laptop remotely.
Got off Faceplant LONG ago, nothing there worth going to look at when too policed.