Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Newer mini

Stan R · 2026-07-15 17:50

Looking for a 10k lb mini,Looking at a kubota kx40-4,volvo 55,bobcat 35- 55,any suggestions ,also want something I can get aftermarket parts for, $ 20k- 30k range

Replies10
  1. #1pdeal2026-07-15 19:45

    I have a kubota kx121-3 - predecessor to the kx040 so i don’t have direct knowledge of the 040. I have had a bunch of kubota stuff over the years though and never had a problem with any if it. And parts are about the easiest to order of any piece of equipment i’ve ever seen . I sure see a bunch of the 040’s around.

  2. #2BC Placer gold2026-07-15 20:05

    We really liked our KX040-4. Smooth, fast & strong hydraulics. Bought new (23h demo) and put about 650 hours on it. Never any issues, walked that machine many km’s in steep country; strong travel power…

  3. #3KenMac2026-07-15 21:32

    I really like my Takeuchi TB 260 and I hear the TB 240 is same quality. I wouldn't discount that model if you run across one.

  4. #4nicky 68a2026-07-19 05:34

    I have an old and somewhat tired Tak TB23R that sees weekly use. I love it,very reliable and can live with its few problems.

  5. #5Stan R2026-08-01 03:45

    Going to look at a jcb45 z Monday anyone have any comments on this machine, kohler engine,thanks

  6. #6nicky 68a2026-08-01 08:07

    I have a Kohler petrol engine in my tractor mower with 200 trouble free hours. JCB mini diggers here in the UK are not liked by everyone considered they are built here.

  7. #7Stan R2026-08-01 11:01

    Thanks

  8. #8Stan R2026-08-01 12:46

    I have had kohler engines in Mowers also,never new they made engines for heavy equipment!

  9. #9nicky 68a2026-08-02 02:32

    I had a John Deer zero steer previously that I had for years with around 4500 hours on it.It was reliable enough,but the deck got worn and the dealer never wanted to help supply parts for it. In the end,I purchased the little Cub Cadet XT2 to cut a few yard acres. It was £3k back in 2021 as opposed to £12k for a deceant JD or Toro,so I took a chance on it,knowing that I’d take it home for the gardens if it wasn’t up to the job. Well,it’s worked absolutely superb and I love the thing.

  10. #10oarwhat2026-08-02 08:58

    I'd never buy JCB equipment . They always seemed odd, no resale value and not many dealers.