I can't keep up with the nomenclature anymore. Did cat ever offer a 336GC in North America? Why did they go from a 9.3 to a 7.1 except for the rest of world where the 7.1 is a GC but in the US the 9.3 is a 340? Are there any other differences between the global 336 and NA's 340? Going from a 336F to a NextGen 7.1 336 it has NO a**
Information from the official European caterpillar is here. There are both 336 and 340. https://www.cat.com/en_GB/products/product-comparison.html?productId=114622,114620&type=new
336 gc don’t have a hp mode only eco and standard. 336f nexgen 336 and its replacement 340 9.3
Cat generally splits their machines up into two categories. HRC - Higher Regulated Countries and LRC - Lower/Lesser Regulated Countries. I think you'll find the main differences will be emissions. LRC's aren't just limited to developing countries either. We fall into the LRC category down here. Although we're slowly catching up.
It seems like they quetly switched to the 7.1 some time around 2022-2023. I just don't get why.