Hi all, I have a 2022 CAT 330 that seems to have a hydraulic issue especially when putting the stick out. No matter if the machine is hot or cold, when you stick out the dipper flies down 100 miles per hour with almost no resistance. You can literally breathe on the left joystick and the dipper will fly out. Also noticed the stick drift a little when using the right joystick only sometimes. No other excavator we have owned or that I have operated has done this. We currently have a 2024 330 long reach on rent and it does not seem to do it at all and is much smoother. I have already went into the work tool programs and tried lowering the priority of the stick to like 2 or 3 instead of 5. This did not seem to make much of a difference. Neither did lowering the spool speed from fast mode. I like that the machine is very fast, but when you are working the stick just goes out too quick and when you attempt to pull back to slow it down, the whole machine shakes like you don't know how to operate. It's honestly borderline dangerous when doing fine work or craning structures. I know its not me because everyone that has gotten in the excavator says the same thing. My dad also agrees who's ran them for almost 40 years. TIA.
There’s a letter out there to purge the air from the pilot system on the next gen machines, we’ve had a couple that have had to be done due to this same issue. If you post a serial number, I can probably locate the procedure and attach it.
Awesome. Serial is WCH30220.
See if you can view those files.
This is great info thank you so much.
Did the purging of the pilot system work
One thing I forgot to mention, if you go to calibrations in the service side of the monitor you can do a solenoid calibration for all implements with pumps and more than likely it will tell you it has a solenoid current out of range.
FYI, the new solenoid is orificed special to that position on the valve, so don't use it in any other place even though it looks the same.