So the Case was a bust but I am not giving up so easy. There is a dealer not too far away that has 2 JD 300's and a 310. All are early 70's vintage. I am going to look at them on Friday. Anything I should know or look for specific to these models? He is asking a little more than I would like to pay but hopefully with the economy he will be willing to negotiate a little. I like the looks of the 310 but can't seem to find any specs on it on the web. Anyone have the size and weight? Tire size? Engine size? I do have the serial number, any way to look one up that is that old? Thanks!! Bob
Hey bob Deere's website has the specs on most of their older backhoes. I don't know which particular one you are looking at but hit me up if you can't find what you are looking for. justin
w8kt my 310 weighs 12000 lbs with extendahoe and 4in1 bucket and mfd chuck jacobs
All I can tell you is this, some of the early 310's had three cylinder motors, and lets just say that they were not the best... In machines of the same vintage I think you will like a case better. happy hunting
What were the common problems with the 3 cylinder? Poor performance or other failures? Just want to know what to look for. Thanks, Bob
I didnt know they were that light. i think the 580e at work is about that and its std hoe, bucket and 2wd. Id go with the case. ours has over 6000 hours and runs great. no oil useage and it never been touched. it been roaded a lot and worked hard but keeps going.
/quote]