Gotta put a battery in the RC 30, tomorrow, or next week. Took it out on Friday, damn thing pi**es me off! I gots one knuckle that has a scab onnit, and guess which one I opened up, dragging the battery out. Today I took a unibit, drilled 2 holes, then took the grinder out, put a cutoff wheel on, and removed a strip of metal, about 3/4", along the edge, above the battery. Hope that removes the necessity of having to remove the fuse box, from the fender, to R&R the battery, in the future, or at least eases the scrapage, on my sore finger... On edit, I see the video wont play when linked here, just search replacing battery asv rc 30...
Ok, I understand it's a small machine with limited space, but, COME ON!!! Replacing a battery shouldn't be that involved. Its almost like it was an afterthought, thank you design engineers. Nice job getting it done!
It is not a fun job at all .I did one on a larger ASV .That you have to have the loader raised up all the way .Then lift the cab .Because battery is mounted under back left of cab .Who thinks of this stuff.
I'm thinkin' you just voided your warranty....
The people who think you will install a new high quality battery when it is needed and not need to be in there again for another 6 years.
This thing eats batteries, with gusto. I think it has et 4, since I got it. original + 2 optimas and the latest one is a high dollar gel battery. Have the gel, on the charger, gonna test her tomorrow. By my figgerin, I might as well put a new high dollar one in, as much trouble as this lil bustard is, to change them out!
Got the battery back in. Old one was reading pretty good on the tester, So I got it back in a little easier, thanks to the steel circumcision job, a coupla days ago. Next item also showed up, fuel filter had a 2016 date on it, so I changed that, next item then showed up, primer ball wouldn't squeeze, cause it was hard as a brick. Had one of these, kickin around in a cabinet, a HF squeeze ball siphon pump, which I was able to bodge into place. Still wouldn't pick up prime, so I took the little air compressor over, and inflated the tank, a little, to speed things along! Finally got her runnin, after about 45 seconds of crankin! Which brings me to the next question, Hows come when you are lookin fer a blow gun, alls you can find is a bushel fulla tire chucks?
I am an 'everything has its place' guy in my shop. If I can't find a blow gun, someone is getting reamed for not putting it back where it belongs.
Had it out today, Wouldn't start. Was figgerin ***? thought I might have an air leak in the suction line, bled the pump, plenty of fuel gettin to it, tried it again, I sees a lot of raw diesel fumes comin from the exhaust, so I popped open the fuse box, and checked the GP fuse. Sure enough! New 50 amp fuse, fired right up. Took a bucket of compost, down to the ruts in the road frontage, got half of that spread on the hill, with a shovel, got back in, to move it another 20 feet or so, and nuthin, running but no locomotion or boom movement. Figgered it might be the safety relay, cause both wasn't workin. Popped open fuse box and guessed which of the 2 relays was the safety, Whoops! wrong guess, musta been the shut-off relay. put that back in, pulled the other one out, put it back in, and it started, and everything works, again! Musta tugged on the wirin harness, when I put the battery back in, last week. Sure hope I gots alla the bugs outta it, now!