WTH? Every time I roll the mig out of the tool crib, the dog comes running? Stays right there, up my ass while I'm setting up. Then the other dog thinks he's missing something and gets in the way too. It ends with both of them going in the truck!
They just want to help dad.
Too funny Nice lookin’ pups!
Beautiful babies
My dog does that when I'm in the kitchen making a sandwich
My old Black Lab "Bud" did the same for many years. He was the best help Iv ever had in the shop. However, I was always worried about flash burn to his eyes so I always put him outside of the shop when I was actually doing the welding.
Same here, no welding around the buddies! Ed
Brought up a old story when I worked up around West Alton MO. Was a small shop in Portage Des Sioux, guy did some medium and light truck work always ALWAYS his pup sitting beside him. Great dog old Retriever gentle as a lamb friendly as all get out. Guy goes out to start a little fab work on a asphalt truck, guy sets up the welder, dog hunkers down and goes to sleep under front end at the shop door. The fella just strikes the first arc then wakes up, laying flat on the ground can somewhat see the dog making tracks across the field in front of his shop. As he gathers his wits realizes the tank on the asphalt sprayer(Chip and seal) has exploded, the tank seam at the top had splayed the truck now touching three of the four walls and roof gone, luckily no fire. Evidently the crew had cleaned the truck down internally with a gas/diesel mixture and did not vent it off very long before dropping it off hatch open. He had been out cold for two minutes, and mercifully had been shielded by the tank shell in the event. Took a week to get the mess cleared away so he could decide if would rebuild, at nine days the dog came home still wide eyed, every time he pulled out the welder after that the dog would go hide. The shop is still closed he just works out of his home since then.