Hi Everyone, I am working on a NH 220 Cummins Engine and i was wondering if someone could help me. My first question is, how do we adjust the injector and tappets valve ?? My second question is, what is the torque on the injector and what should be the valve clearance?? AND where can i find the timing mark on the machine?? I would really appreciate your help God Bless You All!
Mechanic 3, what is the engine fitted in to ?, is its in a Komatsu ?
Yes it is
is it a tractor /dozer D65-8 ?, if you do a search here there was a thread and a lot of post about this subject about 5/6 months ago
0k thanks very much will try and search f0r it
I think the Cummins is fitted into the 6 and 7 series tractors? anyhow the injectors are set at a lower rate in the Komatsu compaired to the usual spec, on the gearchest or side of block is the Data Plate with the info on it, the setting marks are on the outer edge of the pulley in front of the fuel pump, they are set to an inch lbs torque, off top of my head I seem to recall 55 inch Lbs? or was it 70? I can check if needed, before you get all keen on giving the valves etc a tune up, just check that no valve springs are broken and push rods are bent, you set the injector first then the valve lash, if you find any springs failed they can easily be changed in place, tell me about your Data Plate??? 3