Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

NH 220 vs JD 320E vs Bobcat s590

jaec ยท 2015-11-27 14:23

i've recently decided that I want to buy a skid steer. Been looking for a while in the $30-35k range. I'm down to 3 machines and am hoping that people would chime in and help me decide: 1. 2014 NH 220 with about 150 hours for $37k 2. 2013 Bobcat s590 with about 400 hours for $30k 3. 2014 JD 320E with about 150 horus for $36k. Thanks.

Replies6
  1. #1jaec2015-11-27 14:26

    Actually the bobcat is the s570.

  2. #2Rentalstop2015-11-27 15:56

    New Holland has low ground clearance. Just had a Deere track loader, debris was trapped under the loader arms and foot wells when the machine was in the dirt and mud. Pain to clean. Bobcat is an updated S185 variant. One of the best selling machines in the past 15 years. If they are all equipped similarly, then I would go Bobcat for sure. Nearly zero issues with my S160 (2400hrs) one belt on my S175 (2200hrs) and nothing on my S185 (950hrs). Replaced some tires, batteries, oil changes and drained fuel filters. These machines have been tough.

  3. #3durallymax2015-11-27 17:08

    Bobcat

  4. #4garry w2016-01-07 22:19

    bob cat cause of price then N H

  5. #5Pax96962016-01-08 17:32

    I just bought a 2014 L220 in oct. with 9 hrs on it for $32k. Is the one your looking at fully loaded?

  6. #6dave esterns2016-01-17 21:35

    bobcat. obviously.