Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

NH 555E grill makover.

Mike-G ยท 2024-04-18 18:20

The original grill on my 555E was in perfect shape but it was pretty lame so I made a new one. I was always afraid of something going through it. I bet that would be expensive! This wasn't too hard to make and it adds a little protection. I wish I could come up with something for the side covers.

Replies3
  1. #1rumblecloud2024-04-19 08:44

    Nice fitment. What did you use? Almost looks like a storm sewer grate.

  2. #2Mike-G2024-04-19 08:55

    LOL! I just bent some .25 x 1 flat bar to fit, then cut the horizontal pieces out of the same and put the flat expanded metal on back. It's a little too heavy though.

  3. #3NH575E2024-04-19 10:12

    Nice job! My grill was missing so I just cut a piece of expanded metal to fit the hole with no frame work. Now I feel lazy.