Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

NH E Series Manuals

NH575E ยท 2022-10-28 09:33

The recent discussions on seal kits for the E series New Hollands has renewed my interest in finding older manuals. I scored a hydraulic training set the other day. I got all excited when the index listed pages for kits but it turned out to be kits for add-ons like hammers and such. It still has procedures for testing everything hydraulic with pressure values. I also found and ordered paper service manuals for engine, fuel, and electrical. I am searching for an older parts manual which I hope would include seal kit part numbers for exact fitting kits for my 04/98 vintage machine. I have found a 01/96 in PDF but I haven't ordered it yet. If anyone come across a 98 dated parts manual I would love to get my hands on it.

Replies3
  1. #1Swetz2022-10-29 09:54

    NH575E, I have been searching for that hydraulic training book and video, with no luck, every since I saw you post it. Good find! Anything in there that would show you how to add a function, such as hydraulics for a thumb or grapple?

  2. #2NH575E2022-10-29 17:05

    Instruction for adding anything is vague. It has some instructions covering the addition of a hammer circuit and lists a kit for it. It also has kit numbers for the HED. It does list the kit for adding a 4 in 1 bucket which could be used for a grapple. That number is 718718019. I imagine it is a bugger to install. You have to add a third valve section and I think the whole loader handle has to be changed. This kit number comes up as discontinued and lists for $1887.90 at Messicks. The extra spool sections could be bought separate and you could makeshift a cable or handle to operate them. Those spool sections are in the parts listings I think but I haven't looked them up in a while. Seems like the loader spool was about $400 when I looked it up before. I went ahead and ordered a parts manual on CD the seller says is dated 1/96. I will compare part numbers from it to our 4/04 manual to see if any kit numbers are different and available through the aftermarket.

  3. #3NH575E2022-10-29 17:33

    Off topic but I used a DSV-62-08-12 selector valve on my JD tractor to operate the grapple. I considered using two of the same valves to install grapple lids on my NH loader and just mount them on the loader arms. Our loader circuits are split under the cab. You might could get to where they split and use a single valve but I don't see how without removing the cab so that ain't gonna happen. Surplus Center list those for $160 each. https://www.surpluscenter.com/hydra...elector-valve-dynamic-dsv-62-08-12-9-8602.axd Tinkerer used a Parker #DS12 manual selector valve on a stabilizer circuit for his thumb but you don't need that since you have the Amulet.